BrDU proliferation assay

chris at austin.unimelb.edu.au chris at austin.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 23 01:34:58 EST 1995

Has anyone had experience with the BrDU labelling assay
for cell proliferation?  I have attempted to use it in
a manner analagous to the continuous labelling of cells
with tritiated thymidine.  This a simple method giving
much information of cell cycle time etc.  However,
rather than getting a simple increase in labelling over
time with an eventual plateau when all cells are
labelled, I obtained a sine curve with two peaks, the
second less than the first.  I would be glad of any
explanations (or even half convincing fictions!).

Thanks in advance,
Chris Bradley