Endothelial cells

Jeffrey Upperman upperman at njmsa.UMDNJ.EDU
Fri Feb 24 15:10:42 EST 1995

I am about to start culturing HUVECs from the ATCC (ATCC 1730) and I want
to know if these cells will give reliable ICAM and ELAM expression.  I
would like to know if this response for ICAM and ELAM is
passage-dependent (i.e. does the age of the HUVECs matter for reliable
ICAM or ELAM expression).

I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with the company
Cell System and their human umbilical vein cells.  In particular do the
cells provide reliable adhesion molecule results (e.g. ICAM & ELAM
expression).

--
Jeffrey S. Upperman,MD                 Internet: upperman at umdnj.edu
Research Fellow                           Voice:  (201) 982-4474
Dept. Anatomy, Cell Biology & Injury        Fax:  (201) 982-6803
Dept. of Surgery                         Beeper:  (201) 708-4150
New Jersey Medical School                Office:  (201) 982-5045
185 S. Orange Ave., G606                    Lab:  (201) 982-5404
Newark, NJ 07103