search for pancreas

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Tue Jan 3 13:01:58 EST 1995

> In article <3ds2lf$ffs at>,
> Magid tabatabai <magid.t at> wrote:
> >Couple of days ago, I was showing off the ease of access to information
> >on Internet, to a friend of mine (Eurpean surgeon who is doing a
> >reserach on pancreas in U.S.)
> >He asked me to find any article related to pancreas.
> >
> >I used Archie and telneted to , but doing a search
> >on pancreas returned zero match.

Archie is probably not the best tool to localize topic-related information.

> Gee, I guess the power of the 'net has been oversold.  I just looked in
> Medline (a database of medical and biological journals, commonly
> available at many universities and medical schools) for "pancreas" and found
> 7487 articles from 1990-1994 alone.

If you have WWW access you can check out subsets of Medline at the following
	Medline Subset Query Form
	Entrez Browser

/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */