Cupromeronic Blue

R S Hopkin R.S.Hopkin at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:50:17 EST 1995

Hi, my name is Richard Hopkin and I am currently engaged on work
involving the Malpighian tubules of Locusta migratoria. We are interested
in obtaining a cationic copper phtalocyanin dye, "Cupromeronic Blue",
which we hope to use to locate sulphated polysaccherides intracellularly.
The semi-systematic name of this dye, which is based on cinchromeronic
acid , is as follows:

N'N''N'''N''''-tetramethlytetra-azaporphin tetrakismethanosulphate.

We would be grateful for any information on the availability of this
dyestuff, commercially or otherwise.
I can be contacted by e-mail at R.S.Hopkin at dur.ac.uk, alternatively by
post at:

         The Department of Biological Sciences,