apoptosis

Chuck Staben staben at ukcc.uky.edu
Wed Jan 18 09:54:19 EST 1995

I recently posted an inquiry on mycology and on yeast as to whether apoptosis has been demostrated in fungi.  Ausubel recently published that the hypersensitive response in plants involves programmed cell death, although the article seemed careful to avoid claiming apoptosis and certain hallmarks were not shown.  Is there more info (unpublished) out there on apoptosis in plants or fungi.  If apoptosis occurs in plants and animals, then I would expect that it would also occur in fungi-hence my interest in p
lants.  Please e-mail staben at ukcc.uky.edu, and post if desired.