Good example of second messengers?

Rick Neubig RNeubig at umich.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:35:03 EST 1995

mbxfd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk (Fergus Doherty) wrote:
> I need to find some good examples of intracellular second messenger
> systems, for both the cAMP/PKA system and the Phoshoinositide/Ca/PKC
> system. What I need are pointers to publications, preferably reviews, that
> describe such a system in a particular cell type, from receptor binding to
> final effect, complete.

You might want to look at a book by Jennifer Linderman here at the
University of Michigan in Chemical Engineering. She (and her co-author)
have attempted to look at a quantitative treatment of signal transduction

Title:          Receptors : models for binding, trafficking, and signaling /
                   Douglas A. Lauffenburger, Jennifer J. Linderman.

 Published:      New York : Oxford University Press, 1993.

 SUBJECT HEADINGS (Library of Congress; use s=):
                 Cellular signal transduction.
                 Cell receptors.

Rick Neubig
http://www.umich.edu/~rneubig