Good example of second messengers?

Fergus Doherty mbxfd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 06:19:11 EST 1995

Hello,
I need to find some good examples of intracellular second messenger
systems, for both the cAMP/PKA system and the Phoshoinositide/Ca/PKC
system. What I need are pointers to publications, preferably reviews, that
describe such a system in a particular cell type, from receptor binding to
final effect, complete.  This is particularily urgent for the PI/Ca system.
 (I suppose the adrenalin (sorry epinephrine for the US), muscle, PKA
glycogen phosphorylase system is a good one for cAMP?).  Can you help?

Fergus Doherty,
Dept. Biochemistry,
University Medical School,
Queen's Medical Centre,