Anti human lactoperoxidase antibody

Vince T. NGUYEN vincetn at e4e.oac.uci.edu
Thu Jul 6 14:00:38 EST 1995

  We are working on a project about breast cancer, and we are suspecting
that some cancer cells might produce lactoperoxidase.  Since some
percentage of the cancer are also infiltrated by eosinophil, we would not
be able to just add the peroxidase substrate to the tissue section
because eosinophil peroxidase would give us false positive.  Hence we
need a specific way of detecting lactoperoxidase.  Can anyone give us
some info on where can we find a commercial/donated source of this
antibody, it can be either pure antibody or a cell line.  We have
exhaustedly check for its availability commercially with no luck.
  Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Vince
University of California, Irvine
Dept. of Pathology.
vincetn at uci.edu