upregulation in response to antisense RNA

Nancy A. Markley markley at acs.ucalgary.ca
Tue Jul 11 17:48:23 EST 1995

Dear netters,

Antisense RNA has been widely used for turning off the expression
of target genes. I have been told that the expression of
antisense RNA may in some rare cases lead to an increase in the
expression of the sense RNA of the target gene. Has  anyone
experienced this or know of a reference that I can read to get
more information on this phenomenon. I have generated transgenic
plants which exhibit such an upregulation in response to
antisense RNA, and will need some literature to back up my
results. I have done a literature search and came up empty.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sincerely yours,

Nancy Markley

Nancy Markley