Simple Apoptosis Protocol Requested

LOCKSHIN, RICHARD A YPRLBIO at sjumusic.stjohns.edu
Thu Jul 13 09:14:38 EST 1995

It's not that simple.  You need a high enough percentage of
cells synchronously undergoing apoptosis to detect a ladder by
fluorescence (ethidium bromide) on a gel.  Failing that, you can
try end-labeling the DNA.  See any of several articles, but one
might be by Zakeri and me in FASEB J. last year.  Beyond that,
DNA fragmentation is not always a prominent early marker of
apoptosis.  There are several articles in Biochem. Mol. Biol.
which came out a month or two ago.
Richard A. Lockshin/Dept. Biol. Sci. St. John's U. 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Jamaica NY 11439 USA/Phone 718: 990-1854/ Fax 718: 380-8543