Info on cell-culture surface treatments?

kruskal at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU kruskal at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Jul 13 11:25:23 EST 1995

In article <v01510103ac2a1ea6b866@[136.1.3.194]>, moldev!jack_owicki at NETCOM.COM (Jack Owicki) writes:
>We're culturing a variety of adherent mammalian cells on a glass-like
>material and would like to improve the uniformity and reliability of the
>adhesion of the cells to the surface.  Can anyone suggest a consultant with
>whom we could talk about this?  We're probably more interested in talking
>about techniques like plasma-treating than in coating with extra-cellular
>matrix materials.

Corning Glass in upstate NY was making a variety of chemically modified glass
surfaces available for biological experiments a while back (e.g. charge
modifications, etc.)