Live Cell Microscopy Research?

Erick Eidus ee24+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 2 10:45:53 EST 1995

I am a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University's business school
and am working on a project for a start-up biomedical company.  I wanted
to get some first hand feedback from the medical community as to the
perceived usefulness of this company's product.

The product is a temperature controlled culture dish used for Mammalian
Live-Cell Microscopy.  The dish keeps cells alive an order of magnitude
longer than existing methods by simulating host conditions within a
strict tolerance.

For those of you doing live-cell microscopy, does this sound like a
valuable product?

For those of you doing other microscopy work, are there other ways that
a temperature controlled culture dish would be useful to you?

Please respond to ee24 at andrew.cmu.edu, as I am not a regular subscriber
to this bboard.  Your responses are appreciated more than you will ever
know!!