Linear motors (urgent)

vinny vinny at vt.edu
Thu Mar 2 10:48:20 EST 1995

In article <3j4jue$cbi$1 at mhade.production.compuserve.com> Günther Mohr <100073.1514 at CompuServe.COM> writes:

>Does somebody has information about commercial available linear
>motors for linear movements at high precision?
>
>Would be great, if somebody could reply via Compuserve. Also
>message posted here is welcome.

Hi Günther...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "linear motors", but one source of
motors (steppers, servos, etc.) is a company called "Servo Systems".  Included
in the catalog are lead screws, linear motion pots, and linear
positioning tables.  There's a toll-free number if you care to call and
request a catalog...

Servo Systems Co.
115 Main Road
P.O. Box 97
Montville, NJ  07045-0097
1-800-922-1103
FAX:  201-335-1661

For anyone interested in laboratory automation, they've also recently added
robots to their catalog (Cincinnati Milacron, Puma, IBM, Seiko, Mitsubishi,
and others).

Also, I think the Zymark company  manufactures a motorized syringe
station for the automatic delivery of small volumes of liquids.  They're
already pre-built though, so that would take some of the fun out of it.  They
can be reached at:

Zymark Corp.
Zymark Center
Hopkinton, MA  01748