Please join CSTB

Fri Mar 3 10:05:21 EST 1995

The CANADIAN SOCIETY FOR THEORETICAL BIOLOGY (CSTB) invites you:

-- To share your interest in theoretical biology
-- Keep informed of conferences, schools, funding, books, science policy,
   green issues, opinions, who's who and many other matters of concern to
   those practicing or learning about theory in the biological sciences,
-- Gain a voice which supports research and teaching throughout not only
   Canada but the entire world
-- Keep in contact with members and the executive via Internet, through
   mailing lists and file servers, and our occasional published Bulletin

by becoming a member of the CSTB.  Any person who is interested in the
study and furthering of the field of theoretical biology, or in the
application of the exact sciences to biology and medicine is welcomed
to apply for membership. Non-Canadians are most welcome to apply, and
the CSTB in recent years has become a truly international organization.
Annual fees include a subscription to the CSTB Bulletin.  All members,
no matter where they live, are eligible to vote and hold office.

Members can also receive a special highly discounted subscription rate
to the "Journal of Biological Systems" (JBS) of $40 US, less than half
of the regular $90 rate.  Members who wish to take advantage of this
special rate must send their membership applications along with the
subscription fees directly to the publishers of JBS, so please check
the following instructions carefully.

The CSTB offers reduced membership rates to students, retired
scientists, and residents of developing countries.  If you wish to
apply for reduced membership fees, students should fill out the
certification form below, retirees should identify themselves as such,
and residents of developing countries should send a message to the
Secretary/Treasurer (address below) requesting the reduced rate,
indicating also whether you also wish to subscribe to JBS.

|            CANADIAN SOCIETY FOR THEORETICAL BIOLOGY            |
|                   APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP                   |
| Name:               _________________________________________  |
| Dept/Institution:   _________________________________________  |
| Address:            _________________________________________  |
|                     _________________________________________  |
|                     _________________________________________  |
| Postal Code:        _________________________________________  |
| Phone Number:       _________________________________________  |
| FAX Number:         _________________________________________  |
| E-Mail address:     _________________________________________  |
| Research interests: _________________________________________  |
|                     _________________________________________  |
|                     _________________________________________  |
| Are you a student?  YES ___ [*]           NO ___               |
| [*] I certify that the applicant is a full time student        |
|     Faculty signature: ______________________________________  |
| Institutional address: ______________________________________  |
|   (of the student)     ______________________________________  |
|                        ______________________________________  |
|                        ______________________________________  |
| to vol 3 (1995) of JBS as well as CSTB membership.             |
| Journal of Biological Systems (Full: US$60; reduced: US$50)    |
| The reduced rate is valid only if the student certification    |
| section above is completed, or if the applicant confirms       |
| that he/she is retired, or if an applicant from a developing   |
| country has received prior authorization from the CSTB.        |
|   Full Membership + subscription to vol 3 (1995; US$60): ___   |
|   Reduced Rate + subscription to vol 3 (1995; US$50):    ___   |
|   Send me also vol 2 (1994; US$40):                      ___   |
|   Send me also vol 1 (1993; US$40):                      ___   |
|   TOTAL:                                                 ___   |
| Send the application with the appropriate amount in US funds   |
| made out to "World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd." to:    |
|       World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.                |
|       Farrer Road P. O. Box 128                                |
|       Singapore 9128                                           |
| or email the form with credit card information (at your own    |
| risk of course) to worldscp at singnet.com.sg (CSTB - Janice Sim) |
| METHOD OF PAYMENT                                              |
|  ___ Payment enclosed for US$______________                    |
|  ___ Charge my   __VISA   __MC   __AMEX   __DINERS             |
|      Credit Card No.:_____________________________________     |
|      Exp. date:___________________________________________     |
|      Signature:___________________________________________     |
| Sample copies of JBS can be obtained from the publisher.       |
| Systems fill out this section.                                 |
| Membership fees (Check one):                                   |
|      Full Member:                    CAN$25 ___                |
|      Student Member                  CAN$10 ___                |
|      Retired Member                  CAN$10 ___                |
|      Resident of Developing Country  CAN$10 ___                |
| And send the application with a cheque in Canadian funds for   |
| the appropriate amount to:                                     |
|    Dr. William Silvert (PERSONAL - CSTB)                       |
|    Secretary/Treasurer, CSTB                                   |
|    Habitat Ecology Division                                    |
|    Bedford Institute of Oceanography                           |
|    P. O. Box 1006                                              |
|    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia                                      |
|    B2Y 4A2                                                     |

Please address all CSTB correspondence to Dr. Silvert at the above
address, or send Email to silvert at biome.bio.ns.ca

Note:  For CSTB membership without a JBS subscription, Cheques/Money
Orders in Canadian currency should be made out to: "Canadian Society
for Theoretical Biology".  The CSTB cannot process Visa or other credit
cards.  Cheques and money orders from North America are fine;  if you
cannot obtain a cheque or money order in Canadian funds, US funds will
be accepted at an approximate rate of $10 Cdn = $8 US, $25 Cdn = $20
US.  You can also make international payments through post office
transfers, but Eurocheques and overseas money orders usually CANNOT BE
CASHED by our bank.  Please indicate "PERSONAL" on your envelope when
sending payment to Dr. Silvert in order to avoid getting the payment
caught up in the government mail registry.