Baculovirus

Anjali Anjali
Wed Mar 15 18:33:43 EST 1995

I have been working with the baculovirus expression system to
express a viral  protein. All my earlier work was done with
SF9 cells grown in TC100-10% FCS medium.
Recently I adapted the SF9 cells to serum free
 medium from GIBCO called SF900II.Cells grow like wildfire but I
got no rec. protein prodcution,no virus production.
When the cells seeded from SF900II were transferred to TC-100-10%FCS
postinfection, there was virus as well as rec. protein production.
However I would like to take advantage of the SF900II medium ,so
if anyone has any ideas on the subject ,please do tell.
Thanks.