Microtubules

George Vondassow dassow at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:12:29 EST 1995

Hi,

Manfred Schliwa wrote an excellent reference book on the cytoskeleton
that, unlike recent books that I have run across, includes a large amount of
information on not only molecular biology but also biochemistry,
ultrastructure, and function of microtubules, microfilaments, and
intermediate filaments.  Although this book is old ( c 1986), all the
information is still useful.  Some of it even seems to have been
forgotten.  Much of Schliwa's work has concerned functional interactions
among cytoskeletal assemblies, and he has included several sections in
the book that are illuminating.  I very much recommend it; the reference
is:

TI: The cytoskeleton, an introductory survey
AU: Manfred Schliwa
Pub: Springer-Verlag, c1986, Wien, New York 326 p.

 - George von Dassow