Suppose you are a....?

A.A. Bominaar bominaar at chem.rug.nl
Thu Mar 23 08:13:46 EST 1995

In article <3krk4p$7sb at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> ANDREI POPOV <ANDREI.POPOV at bbsrc.ac.uk> writes:
>From: ANDREI POPOV <ANDREI.POPOV at bbsrc.ac.uk>
>Subject: RE: Suppose you are a....?
>Date: 23 Mar 1995 10:56:25 -0000

>Mitochondria seem to be disposable at least in yeast

If we start speaking about special cell types, one can come up with several
other examples: Red blood cells can do without a nucleus,
All non-plant cells can do without chloroplasts/amyloplasts/chromoplasts
most cells can do without peroxisomes, but in all these cases we are talking
about either special cells or special organels

But I don't think, that was really the question.

As far as cells in general are concerned if I were such a cell, I wouldn't
like to have to make the choice!

Ton