Resuscitating a Hybridoma line

David J. Meyer meyerdj at
Fri Mar 24 16:32:55 EST 1995

In article <3kumsc$nrj at>, ANDREI POPOV
<ANDREI.POPOV at> wrote:
(stuff deleted)
> Try  feeder cells (normally isogenic splenocytes work great)
(more stuff deleted)
I agree with trying feeder cells. Another option (one which gave me what I called the "Lazarus clone") is to use conditioned medium- I believe we used 0.2 micron sterile filtered medium from a Buffalo rat liver cell line. Thanks to Dr. Dwane Wylie for the original suggestion of trying this.

David J. Meyer
Department of Biological Chemistry
University of California-Los Angeles
meyerdj at
PGP fingerprint =  85 57 B6 F4 E8 A4 23 C9  8A AF 1B 97 1B 74 DE F0