Immortalised/stable/Endothelail cell lines

Dowdy Jackson djack at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Wed Mar 22 18:07:14 EST 1995

In article <JEB.Harrison-1603951501120001 at 130.216.55.102>,
Jane E B Harrison <JEB.Harrison at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>I heard of some stable or immortalised endotheial cell lines (from
>brain?), but I can't remeber where and I can't find any refs to it.
>
>Was i dreaming?  Do such things exist?  Can I give up primary cell
>culture, or will this continue to be a yoke around my neck.
>
>Jane
>
>--
>Jane E B Harrison          "Science id like being God-
>Molecular Medicine         only I have time and budget constraints"
>University of Auckland, NZ
>JEB.Harrison at auckland.ac.nz  All opinions are mine and mine alone

I have seen and we have some immoprtalized endothelial cells, not from brain
though, there are quite a few that were derived from mouse tissue like
skin,etc. If you want I can give you the names of the people who will give you
some cells.

Dowdy Jackson
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology