Acetyated tubulin

Rene Harrison rharris at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Mar 26 12:28:34 EST 1995

  Hello,

   I am currently writing my MSc thesis and have run into a problem dealing
with posttranslational modifications of tubulin.  It may just be a semantic
problem of the term stable "subset".  If a high proportion of MTs are
acetylated but not detyrosinated does it follow that they must then be
tyrosinated assuming that they are translated with a tyrosine at the
carboxy-end?  And would they then be considered a stable subset although they
are tyrosinated?  I have done a fairly extensive literature review but I have
yet to see this problem addressed directly either because i) it is assumed or
ii) I missed something.
    Any suggestions would be very helpful.  You can reply directly to my
E-mail address.

  Thank you kindly,

  Rene Harrison
rharris at cc.umanitoba.ca