Post-Doc Position

cristof at civich.ottawa.on.ca cristof at civich.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Mar 28 15:00:38 EST 1995

Research positions available:

We have an open position for a postdoctoral fellow or a graduate student to
work on the mapping of the zebrafish genome using a panel of somatic cell
hybrids. We have recently produced a panel of monochromosomal and
subchromosomal zebrafish X mouse hybrids which will be used in a collective
effort to map the zebrafish genome.  We are planning to use  zebrafish X
mouse hybrids in collaborative projects aiming at the positional cloning of
zebrafish mutations.   This research is carried out in the laboratories of
Mario Chevrette, Dept of Biochemistry, University of Ottawa and of Marc
Ekker, Loeb Institute of the Ottawa Civic Hospital.

Candidates with related interests and a background in cytogenetics, cell
biology and/or molecular biology are encouraged to apply by sending a
curriculum vitae, a description of research interests, and the name of
three references.

Please alert potential candidates that these positions are available.

Marc Ekker
Loeb Institute
Ottawa Civic Hospital
725 Parkdale avenue