Sea Urchin Eggs: Fertilization and PI cycle

Abbie Widin abbiew at cortex.physiol.su.oz.au
Tue Mar 28 01:11:46 EST 1995

In <D5wstv.AK0 at ariel.cs.yorku.ca> cs922138 at ariel.cs.yorku.ca (MICHAEL R ACAB) writes:

>Hi,

>I been looking all over for an experiment that looks at the role of the
>Phosphatidylinositol(PI) cycle in fertilization in sea urchin eggs, using Li+'s
>ability of blocking the conversion of myinositol-1-phosphate to myoinisitol.
>Any information or references would be greatly appreciated.

>					Mike Acab
>					York University
>					Toronto, Ontario

The only article that springs to mind came from Nature last year
(Vol 368:875-878, 28 April 1994). It's kinda close to what you want,
I think. It looks at the PI cycle in one-cell sea urchin embryos, showing
its correlation with the ca2+ cycle, but they mention at the end
about using anti-PtdInsP2. Not really Li+ at all.

oh, and the authors were Ciapa, Pesando, Wilding and Whitaker.

Abbie Widin