Lettering for published prints

William Eckberg eckberg at ACCESS.HOWARD.EDU
Wed May 10 15:46:23 EST 1995

You can get the same thing for free (or close to it) if you draw a circle 
& center a number in it with your computer, print it on a good laser or 
equivalent printer and cut it out with a punch or cork borer. If you 
print it on Avery label stock or the like, you can stick it onto the 
print. If not, just use a glue stick to put it on. I used to do this, and 
nobody ever noticed that they were "home made."

On 10 May 1995, m. locke wrote:

> I am in desperate need of a specific set of numbers required to label 
> photographic figures I am preparing for a book. This number system I am 
> looking for can been seen on all the figures in recent volumes of the 
> journal Tissue and Cell. In each figure a black number is placed in the 
> centre of a black circle and both the circle and number are placed over a 
> white background. In the past these labels have been obtained from a 
> company called, Graphic Products Corporation, from California (I think). 
> On the bottom of each page of labels the word "Formatt*" and product 
> number "No. 6219BW" can be found. 
> 	If anyone can help me in finding the lettering (especially above 
> #50) and/ or the company or a new supplier I would be grateful. Thank you 
> for your time.
> Bryan H. Clubb

More information about the Cellbiol mailing list