Cryopreservation equipment

Dean Hewish deanh at tigger.mel.dbe.csiro.au
Thu Nov 23 20:17:56 EST 1995

Years ago I saw an advertisment for a simple apparatus for slow-cooling
cells during cryopreservation. It was a plastic container that held the
vials surrounded by a chamber with a liquid -isopropanol, I think, to
modulate the cooling rate. I think that the whole container was placed
in the freezer to initiate cooling.
We have been having trouble geting reproducable cooling rates and I
would like to try this system out but I have lost the advertisment.
Has anyone out there used this system or know who the manufacturer is?

Thanks,

Dean R. Hewish
Cell biologist and Flow Cytometrist
CSIRO Division of Biomolecular Engineering
Parkville, Victoria, Australia