forskolin

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Nov 29 09:12:59 EST 1995

Deborah (IZZY32F at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU) wrote:
> How does forskolin function with respect to adenyl cyclase activity
> and cAMP production?
> How does forskolin act like a mimetic?

AFAIK the mechanism how forskolin activates cyclase is unknown. If
I remember correctly, the alpha subunit of Gs must be present to
achieve full forskolin activation (I could be wrong). In my own
hands, I get more activation with AlF than with forskolin, but
that's probably just me :-) (Forskolin precipitates easily in
aequous solution.)

--Cornelius.