CBIT Software

Les Loew les
Mon Oct 2 08:08:32 EST 1995

-- Dear Cell Biologists,
The Center for Biomedical Imaging Technology has available a number of SGI
software applications that have been developed for use with our Zeiss and
Biorad confocal microscopes as well as a number of digtal imaging widefield
systems. We felt that these may be of use to others and are now making them
available via anonymous ftp. They include:

RatioView: a simple image analysis package that is especially convenient for
calcium, pH, or membrane potential distribution in single cells by dual
wavelength ratio imaging. A tutorial is included in our web site.

CBITRender: a 3D visualization environment including a raytracer. Both single
processor and distributed multiprocessor (running under LINDA) versions are
available.

Imgview3D: utilities for creating and visualizing 3D datasets with the SGI
Imagevision library.

BioRad Library: an extension to the ImageVision Library permitting it to
automatically read the BioRad .pic fileformat.

The software can all be found on the web at  http://panda.uchc.edu/htbit/  and
following the thread under "Imaging Research and Development". While you are
there, please learn about the other activities at CBIT.

Les Loew
Professor of Physiology
Director, Center for Biomedical Imaging Technology
University of Connecticut Health Center
Farmington, CT 06030-1507
Tel. 203-679-3568
FAX 203-679-1269