alternatives to poly-l-lysine?

DALE KENDRICK SHUMAKER dshumake at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:05:04 EST 1995

Does anyone know of an alternative to poly-l-lysine that I can use to
adhere nuclei to coverslips?  I am trying to get nuclei to adhere to a
coverslip for SEM.  I tried poly-l-lysine last week and the procedure
seemed to be working but when I had to move the coverslip to put in the
critical point dryer most of the sample slid off of the coverslip.  I
have heard recently that there is a small company that is selling the
adhesive barnacles use to attach themselves to ships and other
substrates.  Does anyone know the name of the company and how I can
contact them?

Dale