Lignin Enzymes Needed

tigney at tigney at
Thu Oct 26 05:53:12 EST 1995

Could anyone tell me where I could find enzymes that would be able to
clip the remaining lignin out of cellulose with an extremely high
purity.  We are using xylanase enzymes and they do an excellent job but
we would now like to remove the remain 1-2% lignin left in the cellulose
with minimal DP reduction of the cellulose.  Enzymes are a good
alternative to avoid using strong sovents or additional exposure to

Your help would be appreciated,     Mark De Long