NIH-grant templates for Mac now on major servers

BIOSCI Administrator biohelp at net.bio.net
Mon Oct 30 20:11:44 EST 1995

A couple of weeks ago I posted the updated NIH grant forms (PHS298) on our
lab web server.

These are updates of the templates I distributed in 1991, which were
modifications of some done by others, and are for use with Mac Word 5 and
Excel 4. I have incorporated the changes for the revised PHS398
application, dated 5/95. Note that this is the New/Competitive renewal
form. I don't have the non-comp or the NRSA forms yet.

The unexpected volume of the downloads has overwhelmed our small server to
the point that many attempted downloads have timed out.

Therefore I have had the files posted on two major servers, including:

The Sumex-aim server (gopher://sumex-aim.stanford.edu:70/40/info-mac and
the less crowded mirrors) under the file
gopher://sumex-aim.Stanford.EDU:70/40/info-mac/data/nih-grant-templates-95-05.hqx;
32K

Don Gilbert also posted a copy on the comprehensive IUBio server with the
path name:

gopher://iubio.bio.indiana.edu:80/40/IUBio-Software%2bData/help/nih-forms/nih-templates-5-95.hqx

and

gopher://iubio.bio.indiana.edu:80/40/IUBio-Software%2bData/help/nih-forms/nih-templates-5-95.readme

Either of these servers will be more reliable than mine, but you are all
still welcome to visit our lab server (http://129.22.87.13), that has the
templates as well as a number of protocol files in Acrobat format that
visitors have been downloading.

Good luck with your application;

Dennis Templeton
Institute of Pathology