Molecular Weight Markers, a question

Hung-Kai Chen hungkaic at
Sat Sep 2 01:19:17 EST 1995

In article <-2208951025310001 at>, wrote:

>In article <41b0bs$2tn at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, mbb4 at po.CWRU.Edu (Manjunatha
>B. Bhat) wrote:
>> Anyways, I am looking for a molecular weight marker in the range of about
>> 500 kDa.
>I believe Pharmacia sells a high mw marker set in this range.  I think the
>larger markers are multi-subunit proteins and therefore must be used under
>nondenaturing conditions.

Sigma provides cross-linked phosphorylase b (cat. no: P-8906) as a SDS mw
marker ranging from 97 (monomer) to 584 (hexamer) kDa. This marker is
suggested to be used for SDS/PAGE (buffered with sodium phosphate instead
of Tris-HCl) under denaturing condition.

Hung-Kai Chen
Institute of Microbiology & Immunology, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.
email: hungkaic at