Database: Glycosylation in glycoproteins?

Iain Wilson wilson at edv1.boku.ac.at
Tue Sep 12 08:45:16 EST 1995

There is Carbbank - which is not strictly on the internet, but can be
downloaded (70 MB when inflated) which allows searching by keyword,
author, structure, etc. However, it is cumbersome to use. (Available by
FTP from NCBI FTP site.)

>If not, can anyone tell me which of the following proteins (losted below)
>that contains O-linked sugars (specially if they contain
>Gal-beta-1-3-GalNac-ser/threo)?

* +  alpha2-macroglobulin (kininogen) (human)             YES
* +? immunoglobulin A1 (human)                            YES
* +? immunoglobulin A2 (human)                            Perhaps
* -  alpha1-antitrypsin (human)                           Don't think so
* -  alpha1-acid glycoprotein (orosmucoid) (bovine)       Don't know
* +  alpha2-HS glycoprotein (human)                       YES
* +  chymotrypsinogen A (bovine)                          Don't know
* -  alpha-casein (bovine)                                Think so

>(+ means that my lectin binds to the protein and - no binding).

Basis for some of these answers - Wilson, et al 1991 Biochem. J. 275,
529-534

--
Iain Wilson                        Institut für Chemie
Tel: 43-1-47654-6065               Universität für Bodenkultur