Cell permeant non-hydrolyzable GTP analogue

Rick Neubig RNeubig at umich.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:38:06 EST 1995

roettger at mayo.edu (Belinda Roettger) wrote:
>I am looking for a non-hydrolyzable GTP analogue that can
>be used with non-permeablized cells.  Are there any reagents
>that would apply?

There are none that I know of. If you are trying to activate heterotrimeric
G proteins then sodium fluoride is often used (forming AlF4- in the cell). Note
that fluoride at high concentrations can also be a metabolic poison so appropriate
controls are required.
RRN

Rick Neubig                             RNeubig at umich.edu
University of Michigan               Phone (313) 763-3650
http://www.umich.edu/~rneubig        FAX   (313) 763-4450