Martin Kennedy mkennedy at
Mon Sep 18 23:47:02 EST 1995

In article <43cf8q$aeg_001 at>,
DRTHORNT at (David Thornton) writes:
> Cna someone please send me short e-mail on what BLAST is ( I assume
> that it is some sort od data base).
> 	I would appriciate it....
> David Thornton

BLAST = Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
Ref:  Altshcul et al., 1990. J. Mol. Biol 215, 403-410

Can be used through e-mail and web servers to search Genbank or equivalent

For email: send a message containing the word "help" to either
blast at (for homology searches) or retrieve at
(for text searches and sequence retrieval).

NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at  ZZZZZZZ
		Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750