BLAST

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Mon Sep 18 23:47:02 EST 1995

In article <43cf8q$aeg_001 at matterbe.uwaterloo.ca>,
DRTHORNT at SCIENCE.uwaterloo.ca (David Thornton) writes:
> Cna someone please send me short e-mail on what BLAST is ( I assume
> that it is some sort od data base).
>
> 	I would appriciate it....

> David Thornton

BLAST = Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
Ref:  Altshcul et al., 1990. J. Mol. Biol 215, 403-410

Can be used through e-mail and web servers to search Genbank or equivalent
databases.

For email: send a message containing the word "help" to either
blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov (for homology searches) or retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
(for text searches and sequence retrieval).

--
Cheers,

Martin

		Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750