LIVER CHOLESTEROL RESEARCH

Darren Fast fast at biochem.wisc.edu
Fri Sep 22 17:49:54 EST 1995

In article <43scem$q40 at intruder.smcvt.edu>, t_cleary at smcvax.smcvt.edu wrote:

> I NEED HELP.  I AM A SENIOR AND DOING A RESEARCH PROJECT INVOLVING
CHOLESTEROLDETERMINATION IN LIVER CELLS.  I HAVE LOOKED ALMOST EVERYWHERE
IN THE LITERATUREAND HAVE FOUND NOTHING.  I NEED A PROCEDURE THAT EITHER
DOES NOT INVOLVE
> CENTRIFUGING OR INVOLVES CENTRIFUGING BUT ONLY UP TO 10,000g.  If anyone
> can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
>                                          Thank you,
>                                            Tabitha Cleary

Sigma sells a cholesterol kit (cat # 352-20) with standards also
available.  It comes in several sizes, but is not cheap.  It is a very
simple assay and although designed for plasma, is easily used for liver if
you extract the lipids first.

e-mail me if you need more info.

Darren

--