Dry Yeast Stability

brmqp9tp at IBMMAIL.COM brmqp9tp at IBMMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 25 06:19:43 EST 1995

A:  I4096282--IBMMAIL                     I4096283--IBMMAIL

De:   NEIL
Assunto: Dry Yeast Stability

Dear netters,

For baker's dry yeast production a very important parameter is the yeast
stability (keeping the leavening activity at the same level throughout
the storage period).

In the literature I could observe that the yeast factories usually work
in order to increase it through increasing the amount of trehalose in
the yeast cells.

Does anybody know if glycogen is important for the yeast stability?
Does anybody know other potential improvers, besides trehalose, for
baker's dry yeast (S.cerevisiae) stability enhancement?

 Thank you very much for your cooperation.

 Regards

 Neil
 BRMQP9TP at IBMMAIL.COM