enzymes and activation energy?

David Thornton DRTHORNT at SCIENCE.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 26 17:12:52 EST 1995

In article <447hur$85s at rover.ucs.ualberta.ca>,
   msingh at gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca (Madhu Singh) wrote:
:Paul. S. Brookes. (psb at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
:: rray at ix.netcom.com (ROMAN RAY ) wrote:-
:
:
:: I thought enzymes catalysed by stabilising the transition state of a
:: reaction (presumably by transiently bonding/interacting with it)
:
:: Regards,
:: PSB
:
:I think the transition states still need changes in chemical bonding.
:
:MVS
:
:
:
:
:
One way enzymes (catalysts ) "help " chemical reactions is by stressing the
bonds (either strecting them or bending them) . IN some casesthese are the
intermidiate species that would be found with out the use of an enzyme.

	David Thornton

David Thornton
drthornt at science.uwaterloo.ca