Cell culture on silastin membranes

Ed Frank egfrank at bioc.rice.edu
Tue Apr 9 00:59:48 EST 1996

I am trying to culture C2C12 (mouse skeletal muscle) cells on Silastin
membranes (polydimethylsiloxane).  Though I washed the membranes
overnight in PBS pH 7.4 and coated them with Pronectin F prior to
plating, cell adhesion was poor on the membranes themselves but normal
on the tissue culture plastic just beyond the membrane borders.  If you
are familiar with this system and can offer some insight into inproving
attachment I would appreciate your input.