Is iron required for protein transport?

LIN at SBMS01.MSRC.SUNYSB.EDU LIN at SBMS01.MSRC.SUNYSB.EDU
Fri Apr 12 09:22:44 EST 1996

Dear colleagues: My recent experiments show that under iron limitation, the CO2
fixing enzyme Rubisco did not disperse from the pyrenoid to the stroma in
darkness as normally did. Does anybody on the list work on or know about iron
dependence of protein transportation? Besides, as you may know, the pyrenoid is
in the chloroplast, I suppose protein transport between the pyrenoid and stroma
costs less energy than protein synthesis and degradation. Am I reasonable?
Any insights, comments, and information would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Senjie Lin