streptolysin experts

Andrew Cunningham ajc at srv2.med.ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 08:45:33 EST 1996

In article <4jkake$bg6 at riscsm.scripps.edu>, dbrownin at scripps.edu (Darren
D. Browning) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         I'm about to try and get antibodies into mammalian cells using
> streptolysin to permeablise the cells.  Does anybody have some tips or
> secrets to make this work?  Any pitfalls that I should be aware of?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Darren

There is a paper by Spiller & Tidd 1995 (Antisense research and
development) which describes the methodology. We tried it a couple of
times and it seems to work OK thuogh you do need to be careful to get the
enzyme concentration right

too much destroys cells and too little will not permeabilise enough

andrew