Phosphorylation sites

Christoph.Lorra at Christoph.Lorra at
Fri Apr 12 19:37:35 EST 1996

In <316BC271.63AF at>, Achim Recktenwald <achim at> writes:
>LI LU wrote:
>> Hi, there.
>> I'd like to ask where can I find a list or o program to search for
>> phosphoylation site in a protein sequence, by different kinases. Any ftp
>> site or web site are welcome. Thanks a lot. Please reply to my email
>> address: lilu at
>This would interest me, as well. Please, also post the reply to this

I donïknow if this will help you but i have a paper describing phosphorylation sites,
 which is an article in: Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 200, 1991, 62 - 81. The title is
" Protein kinase phosphorylation site sequences and consensus specifity motifs: Tabulations"
by R.P. Pearson and B.E Kemp. A source for a program would be at least PCGENE
from Intelligenetics which is able to find at least PKA and PKC-sides

I hope this will help you