lipoprotein/colloid gold labeling

N.P.Dantuma at biol.ruu.nl N.P.Dantuma at biol.ruu.nl
Wed Apr 17 18:45:57 EST 1996

Hi,

I have some problems labeling plasma lipoproteins with 6 nm colloid gold (
for EM). To be honest, I do not see any labeling of the lipoproteins at all.
Although I am not sure, I do have an idea what is causing the lack of
labeling: normally for such labeling procedures large gold (20-40 nm) is
used instead of the 6 nm gold I am using. With large gold rosettes are
formed of one gold particle surrounded by several lipoproteins. I am
considering labeling with 20 nm gold (which may give problems with
cutting of ultra-thin slices for EM). Is this worth trying? If you have
any helpful suggestions, experience or protocols please contact me.

Thanks as always.

Nico Dantuma