Complete DNA sequence of the Yeast genome available NOW!!!

Peter Rice pmr at
Wed Apr 24 10:56:12 EST 1996

In article <4lleod$m50 at> "KARL KLEINE <KLEINE at MIPS.EMBNET.ORG>" <KLEINE at> writes:
>   The complete sequence of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain S288C
>   has been determined in an international collaboration of more than 100
>   laboratories.
>   By April 24th, the sequence data can be copied from the following ftp sites:
>	 Europe (directory /yeast)
>	 America
>	 Japan     Riken institute (soon)
>   Sequence data released before April 1996 are annotated and the systematic
>   nomenclature has been assigned.

The ftp sites at MIPS and the EBI seem to only have sequence data.
I see that the EBI is still downloading data (chrxv is just arriving
there as I type this) but I assume the MIPS site is complete.

In what form will the annotation be made available?

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ