Product binding sites on proteins

William P. Tschantz tschantz at galactose.mc.duke.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:46:27 EST 1996

Hi

I am looking for examples of proteins which have two product binding
sites (the same product) if such a protein exists.  For example a protein
which has one binding site where the product is formed and then is
transferred to a second site on the enzyme.  I know this sounds kind of
weird but i am trying to make sense of the data i have.  The only way i
can explain it is if there is a second site present on the enzyme.  I can
think of no examples except for ribosomes, which is not quite what i am
looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill