HELP HELP HELP needed with RNA extraction

alex emil kentsis aekentsi at woodlawn.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 5 21:31:28 EST 1996

i have never had trouble with guanidine-based extractions. gibco has
a reagent mexture called trizol engineered for efficient rna extractions.
you may want to look into it.
-alex.

Paul A Bucciaglia (bucci001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu) wrote:
: I don't have any experienc with guanidine-based RNA extractions, but I
: have had pretty good luck with either the standard phenol:chloroform
: based extraction or a modified protocol by Schultz et al (Plant Mol.
: Biol Reporter 12 (4), p310. 1994).  This  worked very well when extracting
: RNA from Populus leaves, although I didn't try any woody tissues. Doesn't
: require a CsCl step, which I personally hate doing.  RNA was clean,
: intact, and reverse transcribed well.

: Good luck,

: Paul Bucciaglia