secretagogues for regulated pathway

Dennis Goode GOODE at ZOOL.UMD.EDU
Mon Aug 12 13:50:12 EST 1996

Bent,

We use the natural secretagogue for our Hamster
islet tumor cells, glucose, or glucose plus Ca++
ionophore if we really want to "juice" up the rate
of insulin secretion. You could use whatever the
natural hormone or secretagogue is. If the system is
PKC activated, you can also use activators of PKC.

-Dennis

thorup at BIOBASE.DK
(Bent Sm=?iso- 8859- 2?Q?=F8rh=E5r
?=) wrote on the Subject: secretagogues for regulated pathway
> Date: 12 Aug 1996 07:19:04 -0700
>
> Which is the best/easiest secretagogue to stimulate regulated secretion
> from endocrine cell lines in order to determine whether an expressed
> protein is directed towards the constitutive or regulated secretory
> pathway. I have noted forskolin and de-polarization with K+ and Ca++ from
> the litterature. Are there other and better drugs?
>
> /bent smorhaar
> dept.clin.biochem.
> NUH
>
> Dr. M. Dennis Goode                 Phone (301) 405-6917
Department of Zoology               Fax   (301) 314-9358
University of Maryland              e-mail goode at zool.umd.edu
College Park MD 20742