trans-/de-differentiation

Patrick McNutt pmmcnutt at princeton.edu
Tue Aug 6 12:51:05 EST 1996

In article <DvB8tx.3Fy at midway.uchicago.edu>,
aekentsi at woodlawn.uchicago.edu (alex emil kentsis) wrote:

> i am studying differentiation mechanisms and if you have references
> regarding trans- or de-differentiation, please post them. such studies
> would be very interesting.
> -alex.
>
> ZZ

Although I am pretty sure someone has already mentioned this to you, you
might want to look at newt limb regeneration- stump tissue
"dedifferentiate", become relatively homogenous fibroblast-like cells,
and then redifferentiate (often trans-differentiating) into adult cells
once more. J. Brockes is a great person to start with- you can use his
references to delve deeper. You also might want to look at Savard's book
on urodele limb regeneration.
	I am studying regeneration, so if you have any problems/questions, feel
free to email.
											Patrick McNutt
											pmmcnutt at princeton.edu