G418 resistance lost... danger(s)?

Gopal Dasika dgk at zeus.ahabs.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 14 11:46:51 EST 1996

I assume you have a G418 resistant fibroblast cell line that was
established using a retroviral vector.  Have the cells been grown in the
presence of G418 prior to the freeze-down?
I constructed fibroblast cell lines that express viral proteins along with
G418 resistance and were selected for stable expression. Even though the
cells have integrated copies of G418-resistance cassette, removal of
selection pressure is sufficient to cause a loss in expression.

Have a grreat day!

Gopal.