Need help with reducing western background...

milkman milkman at
Fri Aug 23 07:59:27 EST 1996

In article <rutka-2208961025080001 at> rutka at (Dr. Jim Rutka) writes:

>Any suggestions on reducing background on western detections (HRPO -
>Chemiluminescence on PVDF membrane)?

>Dr. James T. Rutka                             rutka at
>Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery              Phone: (416)813-6425
>The Hospital for Sick Children                 Fax:   (416)813-4975
>University of Toronto, CANADA

Decrease the amt of HRPO and biotinylated Ab.   Worked wonders for me using
the B. M. Chemilum. kit.    Had to determine this empirically however.  I
ended up using a 1:20,000 diln of POD.  good luck

amstutz.1 at