Anti-phosphotyrosine immunoblot

Steve Hillerman shae12 at uconect.net
Tue Aug 27 03:14:04 EST 1996

Jim Hutchins wrote:

> Just a slight (but important) correction: milk contains phosphotyrosine,
> so block in 2% BSA or similar, *NOT* milk.

I know this goes against convential wisdom but, I routinely run my
antiphosphotyrosine blots (PY54) with 5% Milk + Pierce SuperBlock and
have yet to have a problem.  When I tried using BSA, the signal was
less than optimal.  The milk that I use is from Bio-Rad and not the
stuff from the supermarket, if that makes a difference.  Go figure.

Steve