HELP with PROTEASOMES and ANTIGEN PRESENTATION

Kalaap Das kd2844 at PCPS.EDU
Wed Dec 11 17:26:16 EST 1996

My name is John and I am an undergraduate senior biology student at
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science.  I am need of IMMEDIATE
RESPONSE regarding any answers to any of the following questions.
Thanks in advance.  You could even email me at: jn127 at aol.com.  Thanks
again!

What is the MOST CURRENT findings and/or opinions regarding the
following:
 -the role of ubiquination in antigen processing
 -the importance of IFN-gamma
 -the importance of LMP-2 and/or LPM-7
 -enzymes that trim antigenic peptides to their final length on MHC
molecules
 -MHC class I loading versus MHC class II loading

What are some of the potential applications of proteasomal/antigen
research? Cancer? Viral diseases? Transplants?  How distant in the
future is such application?

Thank you!